4.21.2010

Standing in the middle of the road too far to see behind me and too far to see in front

Frank Lister hasn’t the foggiest idea what went wrong but he knows without a shadow of a doubt that something definitely did.

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and you know that suddenly everything has changed? What you thought yesterday or even before you lay your head down on the pillow the night before (even if you can’t remember doing so) was so very different than what you are thinking, feeling or even believing at this moment?
Apparently I stopped working at my job or at least when I woke up this morning I had not even the slightest reason to believe that that is where my day was supposed to begin. In fact, it was so strong that at first I thought it was Saturday, which would make the feeling that I was not going to work today make sense. The only problem with this is that if today is Saturday then that would mean that I missed about 5 days of my life or that I had been a sleep for 5 days straight. So today, it is determined, is NOT Saturday. It is in fact Wednesday and I did miss one day of my life, Tuesday (although I have this weird feeling that I missed more but I cannot seem to make sense of any of that). Regardless, this morning I came to the realization that I no longer work in the office. When this occurred I don’t know but I believe it to be true (the realization occurred when I was shaving, the act of no longer working at the office is where it gets hazy). I wonder if Bryce is no longer working there. I tried to call him but he did not answer his phone and his voice mail box seems to be full as I could not leave a message. In fact, I have no idea where he is. I feel like my voice sounds different.

I feel much more powerful today than I did on Monday. I feel like I can do whatever I want to. That feels good.

Here are some weird things:
1. I woke up to find myself in a stranger’s apartment (this morning)
2. I wasn’t at all bothered by this
3. I have a mysterious set of keys in my pocket(I have no idea who they belong to)
4. Bryce must have bled on my shirt (Not weird in and of itself but weird since this is fresh blood and he was not in the stranger’s apartment with me when I woke up: THIS MORNING)
5. When I was walking back to my apartment this morning people were pointing at me and seemed to be a little frightened ( I had removed the bloody shirt in exchange for a Villanova Sweatshirt so it wasn’t the blood)
6. Speaking of blood, I saw the blood on the wall guy in the bar (Eulogy) bathroom on Monday night (yeah I KNOW it was him). Even though I no longer work there, I think I want to kill him.

Remind me to tell you the story about the ONION.

I know how this guy feels

No comments: